I knew I was pregnant the moment it happened. The pregnancy test was just a formality for me. Even still — when I saw those two pink lines, I could not believe it. I was going to be a mother. It is true that we had wanted a baby, that we had planned for this baby, but the fact that there was actually a baby growing inside my body was a concept that I could not wrap my brain around. Nothing and no one could have prepared me for the experience that is pregnancy.
I love to write, just like my mother. It allows me to express the emotions that would otherwise be buried within me, layer after layer.
But why create a blog?
Sometimes I think I am certifiably insane for sharing the embarrassing, self-deprecating, and vulnerable thoughts and experiences that I do on this platform. I might as well publish my 4th grade diary at this rate. I surprise myself — post after post — about how much I am willing to share. Because if you truly know me, you know that I am not share-er. That old lass Rose Dawson was right when she said a woman’s heart is an ocean of secrets. 9-year-old me took that shit pretty seriously! 💁🏽♀️
But all that has changed — I have a son now.
1. Family isn’t always blood – blood isn’t always family.
2. Micro-expressions >
3. A firm handshake goes a long way.
4. 99% of the time, it isn’t personal.
5. Relationships are bank accounts: you must deposit to withdrawal.
6. Love isn’t all you need.
7. The gift of life is the greatest gift of all.
8. You’ve only one set of teeth: take care of them.
9. Tomorrow isn’t promised.
10. Good nutrition doesn’t require killing animals.
11. Your parents are human, too.
12. No one has it figured out.
13. Nature is the best form of entertainment.
14. It’s not about what happens, it’s about how you react.
15. Being in control is an illusion.
16. There is no such thing as “too dry” when it comes to wine.
17. Kindness has no ulterior motive.
18. Retail therapy is never worth it.
19. People are generally good.
20. Love languages.
21. How you treat people that you don’t have to treat well is a true testament to your character.
22. Listening > giving advice.
23. We are all the same all over the world.
24. Intelligence is knowing you know nothing.
25. Happiness is a choice.